Anchor Property Inspectors
Anchor Property Inspectors are professionally trained to INTERNATIONAL standards and are qualified to provide a full property inspection which is unbiased for both the benefit of the buyer and seller of any property.
Who or what are Building / Property Inspectors?
It is important to identify the different type of building inspectors and the role that each has to play in the industry.
1. The National Home Builders Registration Council (NHBRC) Inspectors
Their function is to register and check all new buildings that are being erected around the country.
The NHBRC enrollment and inspections are ONLY applicable to NEW PROPERTIES along with warranties that fall under their Practices (Foundation, Slabs, Walls and Roofs),
2. The Municipal Inspectors
(New properties and alterations)
Their function is to enforce the municipal bylaws as well and ensure that national building regulations are followed and practiced.
3. Independent Property Inspectors
OUR function as independent property inspectors is to provide a FULL PROPERTY INSPECTION which is UNBIASED for both the benefit of the BUYER and SELLER of any property which is a visual inspection of the current condition of that property at time of inspection.
Anchor Property Inspectors Inspector are professionally trained to INTERNATIONAL standards.
This enables us to offer a wide scope of services to all persons requiring our services in most areas of the property industry from residential to commercial.
What will my Anchor Property Inspection cover?
- Roof Inspection
Internal / External
- Building and Out building(s) structure
Internal / External for example cracks etc
- Damp and Waterproofing inspection
Moisture meter readings to confirm inspection
- Doors and Windows Inspection
Visual inspection for wood rot, rust etc
- Glazing inspection
- Storm water management and grading of ground
- Decking, Balconies, Balustrading, Pool fencing,
Visual inspection to confirm compliance with regulations etc.
- Boundary walls and free standing walls
- Pool Inspection and surroundings
- Plumbing Inspection
Checking of all plumbing to ensure functionality and for any visible leaks.
Geyser Installation in roof correct
- Security, Health & Safety and Fire Protection Inspection
- Electrical Inspection
Visual inspection of DB board, roof wiring etc, plugs, light switches, covers, gate motors, garage doors etc.
- Electrical Fence Inspection
Visual inspection of fence installation
- Gas Installation Inspection
Visual inspection if complies with regulation.
Different Types of Inspections
- Comprehensive inspections(report and pictures) – covers everything on the property from boundary walls, roof, plumbing, drainage, electrics, structural-walls, damp,cracks etc
- Ultimate Comprehensive inspections (report and pictures) – covers everything on the property from boundary walls, roof, plumbing, drainage, electrics, structural-walls, damp,cracks etc
- Structural inspection report (report and pictures) – covers property only-walls, cracks, damp, roof, electrics, plumbing, drainage
- Customer walk through inspection – (visual walk through with customer pointing out areas of concern-no report or pictures)
- Thermal imaging Inspection Report – Thermal images, leak detection, cold and warm spots in the house
- Single items inspections- as per client request
Benefits of having a Property Inspection
By having the home inspected from top to bottom allows you to place the correct value on the property you are bonding, but more importantly allows you to assess the health of the house.
This will enable you to also evaluate the home owner insurance for the house without paying for unnecessary claims which may be due to no maintenance on the property ie. roof leaks, damp, plumbing issues which were not seen at time of purchase by the home owner.
Not only does this evaluation of the property protect the banks interest in the house but also protects the new home owner from any unforeseen circumstances before the purchase of the property as hefty repair bills may cause the new owner unnecessary financial strain at the beginning of the purchase of there house amongst other initial expenses that have already been outlaid.
Should you require any assistance contact Anchor Property Inspectors on 083 462 5369 and an Inspector will gladly come out.
Other inspections carried out for the sale of properties
If they are available at time of inspection:
- Approved plan >> check if plan is same as current house
- Electrical certificates >> Property and Electric fence
- Gas certificate
- Beetle certificate
Call For a Quote:
+27 (0) 87 012 5368
We are the ONLY Inspection agency registered with the following bodies:
- Certified and trained through SAHITA (The South African Home Inspection Training Academy)
- NABISA (National Association of Building Inspectors of South Africa)
- NHBRC (National Home Builders Registered Council)
- SAGGA (South African Glass and Glazing Association)
- EAAB (Estate Agency Affairs Board)
LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION: ANCHOR PROPERTY GROUP
I refer to the above and confirm that I recently required the services of an expert in the building industry.
I was in the process to defend a claim against a client of mine who is a Builder and was sued for a great amount of damages.
Since I am not an expert and we could not use our own client for the purpose of expert evidence, I approached ANCHOR PROPERTY GROUP, and more particularly Mr. Alun Ferreira for an expert opinion and report and also to be a witness in the matter.
I wish to state unconditionally that Mr. Ferreira’s report, and his presence in the court case definitely contributed to the fact that we eventually reached a very good settlement which I believe was in favor of my Client saving him approximately R160 000.00.
The service was professional and reports were timeous, and therefore they are highly recommended. I specifically appreciated that he was honest at all times, and even now and again did not hesitate to point out the shortcomings in our case.
I trust the reader will be encouraged to make use of the services of ANCHOR PROPERTY GROUP as building experts and for any building projects.